Providing Services At The Highest Quality And Lowest Price
The Plan is simple!
We have identified the key areas that can be difficult to manage for many people. We allow you to pick and choose areas that you may need help with. We then manage these issues by providing services at the highest quality and lowest price...But don't misunderstand-if it’s not on the list of services, that doesn't mean we can't do it. Look at as like your children down the street. We will manage any situation that allows for you-our extended family to maintain their independence.
- Members in good health who may need occasional meal deliveries, transportation, or a light bulb changed, as if we were your children down the street that can be called upon for unscheduled needs.
- Members discharged from the hospital needing temporary services until they get back on their feet.
- Members with consistent needs that may include personal care, housekeeping, etc. that are on a regular schedule
- Members with memory impairment who can still function at home with guidance and support from a loving caregiver trained in Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Health Care Coordination
- Aides service 1 to 24 hour per day
- companion service 1 to 24 hours per day
- Special 24/7 live in rates
- Accompany Members to MD Visits
- Medication Reminders
- Hospital Discharge Coordination
- Skilled Nursing Coordination
- Hospice Coordination
- Daily Phone Checks
- 24/7 on call service for Kids Down the Street Program
Personal Care Services
- Skin Care
- ROM Exercises
- Catheter Care
- Ostomy Care
- Home cooked meals
- Restaurant delivered meals
- Temporary or Long Term Relief for the Family or Primary Caregiver
- Daily Support and Interaction
- Accompany on Errands, shopping, beauty salon etc.
- Attendance at Social Functions
- Accompany to Appointments
- Shadow when Ambulating
Home Management Services
- Laundry and Linens
- Vacuuming and dusting
- Basic Light Housekeeping
- Deep Housekeeping with a Team of Cleaner
- Interior Repairs
- Exterior Repairs
- Gutters cleaned
- Window Washing
- Lawn and Landscaping
- Bill Paying and Mail Management
- Pet Care Coordination
- Auto Maintenance Coordination
Use this chart to see how we match up to other types of care.
|Service To Compare||Seniors Choosing to Live at Home||Traditional Home Care Agencies||Retirement Home Living|
|Aide / Companion Services||Provided with one hour minimum and flexible scheduling /One on one service with our no stranger at your door guarantee||Provided with a 3 to 4 hour minimum only during pre-scheduled times with whoever is available||Zero hours for Independent Living / 1 to 8 ratio in Assisted Living|
||Not offered||Social events|
|Food Service||Home cooked or restaurant delivered meals hot and fresh to your front door anytime||Light meals prepared by a companion in your home during pre-scheduled services||Institutional meals are limited to 2 menu choices|
|Transportation (Medical appointments, shopping etc.)||Provided when you need it 7 days per week with a 1 hour minimum||Provided only by using your vehicle and only during pre-scheduled service times with a 3 to 4 hour minimum||Generally provided only twice per week (Mon-Fri.)|
|Personal Shopper||Provided when you need it 7 days per week with a 1 hour minimum||Not offered||Light only|
|Housekeeping||Heavy, light, carpet cleaning, window dressings etc.||Light only||Light only|
|Hospital Stays||Complete coordination of admission, discharge and follow-up care||No coordination of admission and discharge||Limited coordination for admissions and discharges|
|When Minor Illness Arises||Available to come directly to your home and stay with you to insure your comfort and security and coordinate emergency care if necessary||No help available unless during a pre-scheduled service time||911 will be called|
|Interior and Exterior Home Maintenance||We coordinate and manage all household needs.||Not Offered||For additional charge above your monthly fee|
What is your “Like Your Children Down the Street” program?
This is a unique program we designed to fill the gap left by the traditional model for home care. We recognize that not everyone needs regularly scheduled hours. We also realize that because of the fragmented society we live in there are many elderly people whose children do not live in the same locality. This program allows our company to be on call around the clock for the unscheduled emergencies that arise from time to time…for the same circumstances where you would call upon your children for a little help…hence, we become the surrogate children just down the street that can be called upon to help manage any situation.
Do you only work with seniors?
No. While the majority of people who require help with our area of expertise are senior citizens, we also offer these same services to others such as post hospital patients, individuals with special needs, new mothers etc..
Do you only work in homes or can you work in facilities as well?
We work in senior care facilities to supplement care or ensure that adequate care is being given.
Do you do background screening on employees?
Yes. We also check the nurses registry (if applicable) for any violations or infractions.
Isn’t it cheaper to hire private caregivers?
There are families who for a variety of reasons choose to hire private caregivers. However, there are many things to consider before going down that road..
- If your caregiver request time off for sickness, family issues, vacation etc., you are left to fill the gap or management the replacement.
- Because most private caregivers do not carry workers compensation or liability insurance, you are exposing yourself to liability and issues.
- You must be willing to handle all state and federal employment and tax issues.
How are employees introduced into the home?
One of the great fears many have regarding home care is in relationship to the person assigned to work in their home. As we have explained, this is more often a greater concern than the cost of service itself. This is why we work so hard to find the right match for you and then go the extra mile by never sending them as a complete stranger to your door. We bring them out and spend as much time as necessary to review your plan of care and make sure everyone is comfortable. And…if for some reason your regular staff has the day off, we will go through the same process with their replacement.
Can I mix your services with our own private care givers?
Yes. However, there are liability issues that must be addressed.
Do you have overnight companion services?
Yes. We provide 24/7 home care coverage for companion, homemaker and Certified Nursing Assistant services.
How do you protect against theft issues?
This is, of course, one of the greatest concerns people have. The process we go through to protect you begins with a criminal background check on all employees. We then check the state nursing registry (in applicable states) for any listings of fraud or abuse. From there we spend a significant amount of time in orientation regarding our strict policies regarding theft issues. Those policies include police investigations when warranted, termination of employment and having the employee’s name listed on any state nursing registries. If an investigation were to show our employee to be at fault we are completely insured and bonded.
Am I locked into a contract?
While we do have a contract that must be signed, its purpose is to enact insurances and other forms of protection for both our members and our company. There are no minimum requirements for the use of our services.
What about needs not related to home care?
Yes, we are licensed as a home care agency but we are much more. We are a complete home management company willing to handle the simplest of tasks to the most complex.
What is your minimum number of hours per visit that you charge?
Where traditional home care usually charges a three or four hour minimum, we offer you a unique one hour minimum. Why should you pay a three or four hour charge for a simple task that can be done in an hour or less? In addition, there is no minimum number of hours that you must use us for. Many of our members simply sign up and then call us when they need something.
What if I’m not happy with the person working in my home?
You let us know and we will discretely make the change for you. Because of the broad diversity in personalities and cultures, it is very important to create a comfortable environment for both our members and employees.
Are you bonded and insured?
Yes. We carry both workers compensation, general and professional liability, various other insurances and bonding to protect both our members and our company.
Why would I choose Seniors choosing to Live at Home over another company?
- Our philosophical approach to viewing our clients as extended members of our family.
- Our earned reputation as a company of integrity
- The quality of caregivers and the policies we use to hire them
- Our “Like Your Children Down the Street” program
- Our one hour minimum
- And competitive pricing that takes into consideration these troubling economic times